I come to this page kicking and screaming inside.
I am suddenly unsure of what I want to say. At this very moment I am speechless. I am also suddenly aware of all of my undone chores for the day, the week, the month. Certainly the chores are more important than writing? Certainly doing them would be more productive right now? "Yes. Definitely," says my inner critic, then lowers her voice to a whisper. "You didn't have anything important to say anyway."
What I'm feeling, according to many writing books I've read (when I was supposed to be writing) is called Resistance. It happens to the best of us. (See? It proves I am one of the best! Right?) Yet the laundry continues to call to me.
Page fright. It's that feeling you get when you stare at a blank page (or screen), ready to step out into the world with your unique voice. It's that feeling I have right now. Will it get the best of me? No! I am going to stare this screen down and win this battle. I am ready to fight the war. Here I am world! I'm stepping out, center stage.
This blog is a place to talk about writing (blog posts, novels, letters, poems, essays, anything), reading (books, articles, novels, poems, and even how to teach others to read), and viewing (TV, movies, the world, iPad apps, life, whatever). You are invited to pull up a chair, grab a cup of your favorite beverage, and stay a while. Want to talk back to me? I'd love that! Please leave a comment and I promise I will respond to it. I plan to visit here regularly. I hope you will too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment